Take the Blue Brush Challenge!
Each year, approximately 150,000 people are diagnosed with colorectal cancer - but the early indicators of this deadly disease can be found before it's too late. Colorectal cancer is largely treatable when caught at this early stage, but sadly, due to low screening rates, fewer than 40 percent of cases are caught early.
About the InSure® FIT™ Test
The InSure® FIT™ test and its unique Blue Brush Method make it easier to screen for colorectal cancer.
Clinical studies have shown that the InSure® FIT™ test is highly sensitive for detecting blood in and around the stool, a key indicator of abnormalities in the colon and rectum that doctors use to help screen for colorectal cancer.
The InSure® FIT™ test has an 87% sensitivity for colorectal cancer.1,2 In a study of patients who were at average risk, high risk or had no symptoms at all, InSure® FIT™ was found to have 33% greater sensitivity for colorectal cancer than a leading guaiac-based FOBT screening test.2
- An FOBT done during a digital rectal exam (DRE) in the doctor’s office is not sufficient for screening and is not recommended by American Cancer Society guidelines. If your doctor performs a DRE, you should ask him or her about the InSure® FIT™ test.
- The guaiac-based FOBT tests have a risk of false positive results related to both red meat consumption and the use of certain medications around the time of sample collection, and therefore have drug and dietary restrictions. The InSure® FIT™ test has no drug or dietary restrictions.1
InSure® FIT™ Test Makes Annual Screening Easier
The InSure® FIT™ test kit provides a more convenient sample collection method, making annual colorectal cancer screening easier to fit into your life. Doctors often say that the best test is the one that is completed.
- The InSure® FIT™ test is easier to use. To get a reliable sample, patients only need to gently brush the surface of the stool in water for about 5 seconds with the convenient, long-handled blue brush.
- In one study, the InSure® FIT™ test had as much as 66% better compliance compared to a leading guaiac-based FOBT.2
- No other take-home colorectal cancer screening test has this convenient, water-based collection method – if you have used a paintbrush, you can use the InSure® FIT™ test.
- The InSure® FIT™ test can be used after meals and while taking any medications. There are no special food or medication restrictions.
- With the InSure® FIT™ test, samples are collected in the privacy of your home, then submitted to your doctor’s office for analysis.
The InSure® FIT™ test is available from your doctor. The Patient Collection Kit contains everything you need to collect and submit test samples for analysis.
It's Time to Challenge Colon Cancer. DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS?
- InSure® FIT™ product inserts
- Smith A, Young GP, Cole SR, et al. Comparison of a brush-sampling fecal immunochemical test for hemoglobin with a sensitive guaiac-based fecal occult blood test in detection of colorectal neoplasia. Cancer. 2006;107:2152-2159. The study was funded in part by Enterix Inc. (through Enterix Australia Pty. Ltd), the manufacturer of InSure® FIT™. Enterix is now owned by Quest Diagnostics Incorporated. However, neither Enterix nor Quest Diagnostics participated in the data analysis or influence the conclusions reached by the authors. One of the authors, GP Young, is a consultant for Enterix Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Cole SR, Young GP, Esterman A, Cadd A, Morcom J. A randomised trial of the impact of new faecal haemoglobin test technologies on population participation in screening for colorectal cancer. J Med Screen 2003;10:117-122.